PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
POLICY FOR MEMBER’S INFORMATION
CRAIGHEAD ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE CORPORATION
Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation (the “Cooperative”) respects the privacy and confidentiality of each member’s private or confidential information that is received or obtained by the Cooperative. The objective is to protect this information to the extent reasonably possible in accordance with this policy and normal business practices and to notify the members as to what information is received, maintained or shared by the Cooperative.
II. POLICY INTENT:
A. Categories of Information Collected.
1. Contact information which includes the member’s name, meter location, billing address, telephone number, e-mail address as well as other information required to provide service and billing to each member. If a member uses our website, then it may collect additional information such as a username and password for online access. Additionally, the Cooperative may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. (See below for more information regarding computer collected and shared information).
2. Billing information, including social security number, bank account number if your bill is paid by check or draft upon the member’s account, credit information, credit or debit card information if your bill is paid by credit or debit card, financial information regarding your credit information and payment history.
3. Electric usage data gathered from or by our meters and a member’s service history as well as information maintained for meter reading purposes. Electric usage data and a member’s service history is also gathered if the member has a smart meter installed on their property.
4. Capital and patronage account information for members and former members so that members and former members may be paid if capital or patronage dividends are made for the year( s) during which the person or entity was a member of the Cooperative.
5. Responses to members survey(s) conducted by the Cooperative to identify needs or to improve service.
6. Additional information about a member or member’s property and other matters obtained through services offered by the Cooperative including the HELP Loan program and testing of homes for electric usage and methods of reducing such usage.
B. Purpose of Collection; Access and Correction
1. The Cooperative collects and maintains information regarding members for purposes of its operations and management. It shall not be used for any improper or unlawful purpose.
2. The Cooperative intends to collect and maintain accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about its members. The Cooperative generally permits access to this information by the member or anyone authorized by such member to receive it. If any information maintained is believed to be inaccurate or incorrect, the Cooperative will normally allow for the correction or change to be made so that such information is accurate. The Cooperative will not allow the change of any information relating to payment, billing or charges unless such information can be shown to be incorrect, e.g. if a bill is paid late, that information cannot be removed simply because the member would prefer that his/her/its account did not reflect such information.
3. Any matters that are believed to be incorrect or inaccurate may be reported and disputed by directing your request to:
Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation
4314 Stadium Blvd.
Jonesboro, AR 72404
C. How the Cooperative Collects Member Information
1. When a member creates an account and interacts with the Cooperative regarding their account, utility or other services or participation in a program available through the Cooperative.
2. When a member uses electric service and the metering systems of the Cooperative, including smart meters.
3. When a member interacts with the Cooperative through its website.
4. When the Cooperative interacts with third parties regarding a member such as a credit reporting agency.
D. Use and Retention of Member Information by the Cooperative
1. The Cooperative uses information about members in defined and responsible ways in order to manage, provide, and improve its products, services and operations for its members.
2. Data about members’ electric usage may be compiled in aggregate form and such data may be used by the Cooperative to improve system operations, efficiency, and overall customer service.
3. The Cooperative retains member information, including energy usage data, in such amounts and for such periods of time as required by law or regulation or as reasonably necessary to provide services.
E. Information Obtained by Electronic Means (through computers)
1. The Cooperative uses “cookies” on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you may not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
3. The Cooperative’s website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the Cooperative is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. The Cooperative encourages our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
4. From time-to-time the Cooperative’s website requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
5. The Cooperative may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. Ifwe have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
6. Like many site operators, the Cooperative may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze Log Data. The Log Data Section is for businesses that use analytics or tracking services in websites or apps, like Google Analytics.
1. The Cooperative maintains member information with reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative, physical, and cyber safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of member information. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. HOWEVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN THE COOPERATIVE GUARANTEE ITS ABSOLUTE SECURITY AS NO SYSTEM CAN EVER BE FULLY PROTECTED AGAINST EVERY POSSIBLE HAZARD.
2. The Cooperative requires its employees, affiliates and contractors who have access to member information to comply with this privacy and confidentiality policy.
3. Member information that members may access through the Cooperative’s online account system is protected using cyber security protocols designed to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing such information.
G. Disclosure to Third Parties
1. The Cooperative does not share member information (e.g. a member’s electric usage data and information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual) with a third party, except at the member’s request, with the member’s consent, or as described below. Members who wish to authorize the Cooperative to disclose their information to a third party may do so by contacting The Cooperative as described under H. l.
2. Information may be disclosed to affiliates or contractors hired by the Cooperative to assist in carrying out operations, such as service, maintenance, billing and management functions including legal, audit and collection services. Information may also be shared with other utilities under shared service agreements or to meet operational requirements. Information will only be disclosed to such persons to the extent necessary to render the services, and only to those who agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information.
3. The Cooperative may disclose to and share information with commercial and consumer credit reporting agencies for credit-related activities (e.g., the reporting of bad debts).
4. Sufficiently aggregated information may be disclosed to third parties where necessary or beneficial for the Cooperative’s operations (for example, to improve efficiency and overall costumer service).
5. Information may be disclosed when authorized or required by law, including a response to a search warrant, subpoena or court or law enforcement order. For example, the Cooperative may use and disclose records for investigations into employee misconduct or for law enforcement investigations related to its business. Disclosures may also be made when appropriate to protect the Cooperative’s legal rights or in situations involving an imminent threat to life or property. The Cooperative will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
6. Information may be shared with affiliates and partners of the Cooperative to communicate or promote services and/or information of interest to members. Members may request that their information not be shared with affiliates or partners for the offering of new products and services by contacting member services as described below. Nevertheless, the Cooperative does not sell, rent, loan, exchange or otherwise release member information to non-affiliated third parties or partners for their marketing purposes, without a member’s prior consent.
7. The Cooperative may make information regarding third party products and services available to members through its website.
8. The Cooperative may partner with another party to provide specific services or goods. When the user signs up for these services or goods, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services or goods. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services or goods.
H. How to Contact The Cooperative
1. Questions about this Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, which may be changed and updated from time to time, may be directed to member services, which can be reached by phone at 870-932-8301 or 800-794-5012, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It shall be the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer to administer this Policy.